A sign of the (L.A.) Times: On Darrell Waltrip’s long boogity goodbye, Joe Tessitore’s putt-putt career and Charley Steiner’s latest #Steinered are all noted
Pulling out as many stops as possible to answer the sports media sphere’s most pressing questions:
- What’ll be our lasting memory of Darrell Waltrip on Fox’s NASCAR telecasts?
- Which play-by-play role is Joe Tessitore best suited for: ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” or ABC’s new summer game show “Holey Moley”?
- HBO’s “Real Sports” will devote a segment on media company Barstool Sports, but the editors of the website say they expect a “full-blown hit piece” on their controversial operation. Would HBO do that?
- Dick Vitale just signed a new contract to stay at ESPN through 2022?
- What’s the takeaway from Jim Rome’s 25th edition of the Smackoff, which was held Friday?
- After LaVar Ball’s last appearance on one of ESPN’s highbrow-debate morning shows, the network declared it does not plan to ever have the gentleman back on its airways. Believe it or not?
Find some answers at this link with the weekly edition of the L.A. Times’ media column and …. documenting the latest Charley Steiner miscall of a walk-off home run with this soundbite.